Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Word of the Day Begins with Darkle

Today's word, and the first word of this new adventure, is darkle. First seen (by me, of course) in a Stephen King novel, when Roland comes across the Man in Black and says about him, "He darkles, he tincts." Both are interesting verbs but having heard of tinct before (thinking of a "tincture" from high school chemistry), darkle stood out in its uniqueness. It just sounded magical and mysterious.

I plan to share a new word and its impressions on me each day. Entries will probably be short, in many cases, just a little too long for what Twitter could handle. But I'm fairly old school when it comes to sharing my thoughts...so I'm going for blog entries instead of tweets. Of course, I'll be sure to tweet about my new blog. :)

This is David Wartik, signing off. Word up!

No comments: