Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Plethora

Made famous (to me, and all my then junior high friends) by Jefe in the '80's comedy classic The Three Amigos, "plethora" has such an interesting sound. It doesn't quite roll off the tongue, but it isn't that much of a mouthful either. What does it mean, some of you may wonder? Ah...well, let's let Jefe and El Guapo clue us in:




Jefe: We have many beautiful piñatas for your birthday celebration, each one filled with little surprises!
El Guapo: How many piñatas?
Jefe: Many piñatas, many!
El Guapo: Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of piñatas?
Jefe: A what?
El Guapo: A plethora.
Jefe: Oh yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora.
El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?
Jefe: Why, El Guapo?
El Guapo: Well, you just told me that I had a plethora, and I would just like to know if you know what it means to have a plethora. I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora.
Jefe: El Guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?


 Courtesy of Wikipedia

This is David Wartik, signing off. Word up!

No comments:

Post a Comment